Nau mai, tautī mai! Welcome to the Okains Bay Museum!
Visit our museum at the heart of historic Okains Bay. Enjoy the relaxed environment as you learn about life on Banks Peninsula and Aotearoa New Zealand in former times. Significant taonga Māori and early Pākehā items are among the exciting range of treasures on display in the museum’s diverse complex of heritage buildings.
- Experience Aotearoa New Zealand history and culture in a unique rural setting
- Discover our extensive collections housed in a range of replica and relocated heritage buildings
- View our nationally significant collection of taonga Māori
- Draw inspiration from the beautiful Okains Bay landscape
- Enjoy our famous hospitality
Join us for Waitangi Day Commemorations on 6 February 2021.